Friday, March 11, 2011

The Nursery Diaries: Decor Part 1

Mom came over tonight to help me get some of the decor up in Evie's room- I am in LOVE with these letters!! :) They turned out so cute, I really like them. I bought the letters at Michael's, painted them red with acrylic craft paint, and then glued the gingham ribbons on. Then we just used thumbtacks to hang them on the wall- it was really easy!
Also, note the adorable white balls on the top of the storage cubes- my mom made those for Evie's room awhile ago and that's their home for now. They are a Martha Stewart craft, starting with a styrofoam ball and then gluing cupcake liners all over it. They turned out really cute!
Also, we hung the red tissue paper pom poms above the crib. I think they look really cute and I like them.... but I'm not gonna lie, I just checked on them a couple hours after we hung them, and the big ones fell down. :( Thankfully, they didn't pull the thumbtack down- which means down the road my poor baby won't have thumbtacks in her crib!! It seems that the nylon thread we used to hang them is not strong enough to hold the two big ones- it slid out of the tape being held up by the thumbtack in the ceiling. So, I'll have to figure out a different way to hang the bigger ones I guess! Here's the rest of my to-do list for decor in Evie's room:
  • Find white mirror for above the dresser
  • Apply ladybug vinyl wall decals
  • Make cornice for window and hang white panel curtains
  • Hang art on bookcase wall

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! i LOVE the letters! they are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete