Well, I was stalling my post this week waiting for photos from my first shower, but my sister hasn't sent them to me yet, so we'll talk about the nursery instead and I'll make a seperate post for shower fun. :)
33 weeks- and it's March!!! That means I can officially say I'm having a baby "next month." I'm so excited!! Part of me is really scared, but it's a pretty small part. Most of me is jumping up and down with anticipation of Evie being here with us. And now that her room is really coming together, I feel a lot more "ready." What can I say- I'm a planner and an organizer, I feel better when everything is in it's place.
I go to the doctor's this morning, hopefully my blood pressure is okay. I've been having a really hard time in the mornings with my hands and wrists (especially my left) being asleep and then being generally in pain for a few hours after I wake up. I'm guessing it's probably pregnancy carpal tunnel- sometimes I can't even open the milk carton it hurts so bad! Thankfully it goes away, and it only happens in the morning, but I'm going to mention it at the docs. Otherwise I've been feeling pretty good. I can tell I'm "nesting" because I definitely have more energy than usual, at least when it comes to taking care of things for Evie. Shall we take a tour of the latest nursery updates?
We moved the crib the other side of the window- I didn't want to at first, but the dresser couldn't go where I wanted it (blocking a cold air return) so we had to rearrange. I like it now though- when you come up the stairs it's the first thing you see in her room and I like that. :)

This is the corner where the crib used to be- it now houses the cubical storage unit I put together yesterday. There's the corner of the dresser we found- thanks to my Aunt Ann who sent me the craigslist link! It should work quite nicely, the drawers are nice and big, and the top is plenty long for a changing pad, plus room for a basket of supplies. We're going to replace the handles with pretty ones- and we
might put legs or a platform underneath to pick it up a bit. It's kind of short, but we're going to see how it goes and decide about that later.

Close up of the storage unit- this is NOT the finished product obviously. This would make me nuts if it looked like this!! We're going to get the matching fabric storage cubes in red and black (at least 4 of them) to store the cloth diapers and other things in, then use the other spaces as more decoration. Notice the adorable red and black suitcase- my sis got that as part of our shower gift and it is really cute!! Also notice our growing stash of cloth diapers on the bottom- I'm SO excited to use them! And that's more baby laundry to the right... please ignore. ;)

Just had to show you the "newborn" drawer- her teeny tiny clothes!! I washed everything we have yesterday up to 9 months. I know we'll get more this weekend at the family shower, but I wanted to do it in batches. Also, I know I might have to rearrange the drawers when we get more clothes, but it just made me happy to put things away. 0-3 month clothes make me all teary-eyed and happy. :)

Oh yea, and here's me! It was about 11 o'clock at night after a long day of getting Evie's room set up- and we still have a ways to go! I haven't started any of my decor projects, and we still need to get the rocking chair and bookcase, and do something with the closet. But for now, this has been the longest blog post ever, so I'll leave you. If you're still reading- thanks. :) Shower pics to come!
Sweet room!!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing about Evie being here "next month". That's crazy but so exciting. The shower was lots of fun- I especially enjoyed the high quality of the desserts!
I love those teeny clothes!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe room looks awesome. The lady bug stuff is cool, the red and black looks sweet against the white. Though I do feel the need to have a shark in my nieces room. Maybe just a small one in the corner that nobody can see? :)
ReplyDelete(p.s. i don't know how i deleted my first comment haha)