Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Baby Shower

I figured I better get these photos up before our second shower this weekend, or else I'll be really behind! :) Our first shower was thrown by my mom and sister Allison. It was held at a children's book store in our town called B is for Books, and the theme was "Once Upon a Time." It was a huge success! Everyone loved the setting, the food was delicious, and we got so many wonderful gifts from everyone. Here's a peek at some of the details.
The book store all set up before the guests arrive (that's Allison waving). They have a party room which is where we set up the food and some tables for ppl to sit at, then we opened presents in the main store area.
My sister is a very talented baker/decorator, and she did the cupcakes for us. Some had little pink flowers, and others had these adorable toppers, with different scenes from Alice in Wonderland on them.
The favors were bookmarks from Etsy- they were quotes and illustrations from various children's books and I loved them!!! They each had a different cute button at the top with coordinating ribbon as well. Madeline was one of my favorites growing up. :) My mom and sis and sister-in-law wrapped them with a few tea bags and a thank you tag.
Here's the spread of food- everything was so good!! Also, you can see along the tables a project that Allison and I did together. We went to the thrift store and bought a bunch of the Little Golden Books for less than $10 total. Then we went through and picked out the best illustrations, and cut them out in a pendant shape. We strung them on ribbon, and hung these banners along the tables, as well as along a wall. They turned out so cute! We had everything from The Pokey Little Puppy, to old-school Cinderella, to a Raggedy Ann and Andy story. They were a really nice touch.
This is one of the two games we did. We took a random batch of bump photos from the blog, mixed them up, and then people had to put them in the correct order from oldest to most recent. People thought this was really fun, and it was really low key because they could go and do it whenever. The other game we did was just a sheet of lines from popular storybooks, and you had to match up the book with the quote. Easy and fun!
And here is Eric and I on the "couch of honor" where we opened presents. I decided not to post any photos of me opening presents- I look ridiculous in most of them!! I'm always making such funny faces, Tabitha (my sister-in-law who took pics) said it's because I kept oohing and awwing at everything we opened. :) Anyway, you get the basic idea. One down, one to go!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a gorgeous shower! You are so lucky to be loved so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being the first and probably last baby shower i'll go too (as i'm of the male gender) I thought it was a killer cool time. Thanks for letting me help:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping Matt- Eric appreciated your presence. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wost photographer ever award goes to me! the shower was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta say...this shower was pretty top notch...maybe even the best shower ever. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete