Thursday, April 21, 2011

Overdue and Waiting

It's 5:30 am and I can't sleep. This has been happening a lot lately- I go to bed, fall soundly asleep, get up to pee 2-4 times throughout the night, and then by 4-5 am my body decides I'm done sleeping. I get up, eat breakfast, play on the computer (or do my new hobby- crocheting!) and then crawl back into bed as Eric is leaving for work just before 8. Then I end up sleeping another couple hours. I have a feeling this is going to be Evie's awake time- early morning when it's still and quiet until the sun comes up and the birds start chirping.
So, no baby yet. Yesterday was actually a cool doctor's appt. They did a non-stress test to make sure Evie's doing well and she passed with flying colors. I liked laying there listening to her heartbeat go up and down to match her movements, and I actually had a couple contractions while hooked up to the moniter. I haven't progressed much from last week, but my doctor was able to sweep my membranes (um... OW) and she said that got me to 2 cm. Everything's still looking fine for me to wait it out, but I feel a lot better because we talked about what will happen if I don't go on my own, and it feels good to have a plan. I want so badly to just go into labor naturally, but I needed for there to be an end in sight. Now that I have that it's a little easier to wait. At the very latest, I'll be induced next week Wednesday. Monday I'll go for a sonogram to check fluid levels and then see the doctor to see where I'm at. Hopefully I won't need those appointments- I'm really hoping I go this weekend!!
The birds are awake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment