Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Another progress update

I feel a little wierd talking about the state of my cervix here.... but really, it's just a bunch of girls/women who read this blog as far as I can tell. And I'm not shy about this stuff. And I know my family always wants to hear the latest on when Evie's arriving. Oh- but sometimes my brother-in-law Matt reads this! So Matt, feel free to skip this post if you wish. ;)

So anyway, went to the doc today, saw one of the two midwives. All is well with us (blood pressure, protein levels, etc.). She did an internal, and I'm 70% effaced- which is pretty awesome since I wasn't at all last week. Maybe bouncing on the exercise ball helped Evie drop? In other news, I'm still just 1 cm dilated- boo. Kim the midwife told me this is because my cervix is tilted back further than normal, so although Evie is really low and pushing down, her head's not centered over my cervix so the pressure is not helping to dilate me.

Apparently, this is not a big deal. Kim said it just means I probably won't dilate until I'm actually in labor, or least get some serious contractions going. She said my cervix will align on its own and it won't be a problem. So.... we just wait. And wait. And wait.

I'm ready when you are baby girl!


Oh and some fun facts about Evelyn: the midwife estimates that she's 7.5-8 lbs. (based solely on exams, I haven't had a sonogram), and she says she's very long because her head is quite low, but her butt is still pretty high up on me. This is why I was worried she hadn't dropped, because I could still feel her bum up so high. Nope- girlfriend's just got a long torso! We were bound to make tall children anyway, I'm just hoping she doesn't really go much over 8 lbs. for selfish reasons... easy labor please! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment