Big news this week- we heard the heartbeat for the first time!!! It was... well, pretty much amazing. :) I don't even know if I can describe how incredible it was to hear that little heart beating away in my belly- definitely one of the coolest days of my life! It made everything feel so real to know our little guy/gal is down there swimming around and we got to hear his/her little heartbeat. And looking over and seeing the grin on Eric's face as he heard our little baby- well it brings tears to my eyes right now as I'm typing. :) What a blessing to have a child, we truly are so grateful and excited. The heartbeat was 158 bpm, which the doctor said is within the normal range for 15 weeks.
And side point- if you can believe it, I've only gained a pound since the beginning! I was shocked at this- I feel a lot bigger- but the doc said this is just fine, and now I have a little wiggle room with weight gain in the 2nd trimester. I've been reading a couple books, one of which is What to Expect When You're Expecting, and it has a chapter on pregnancy nutrition that is super interesting. It's also really overwhelming- you need to get SO many vitamins and nutrients from so many foods when you're growing a baby!! I feel like I could never eat all of that in one day, and I'd spend a fortune on produce every week. But, I'm doing my best to give this baby everything it needs everyday.
Also big news- mark your calendars friends, we've scheduled our 18 week ultrasound!!! This will be our "anatomy scan" and we'll find out the gender- I can't wait! :) It's scheduled for November 17th at 11:30 am.
And finally, I leave you with the 15 week bump- baby Roy is the size of a navel orange this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment