Tuesday, October 19, 2010

14 Weeks: First Cold of the Year

Boo! I am sick, and I miss DayQuil/NyQuil like crazy. :( I have a terrible head cold, today is day two- hopefully I start to feel better tomorrow. Last winter I took echinacea like crazy, and it really helped me not get sick, even from the kids at the daycare. But the NP at my last doctor's visit told me not to take it (or pretty much any other preventative aside from Vitamin C), and now I am sick. Of course, I don't want to risk anything so I won't take anything they tell me not to- but my immune system is suffering!
In other news, I definitely think my bump is shrinking (did I say that last week too?), and it's getting firmer, which means it's really a baby bump- yay!! I haven't taken a bump photo yet this week because of being horribly sick and not feeling like having my photo taken. I will get one up soon though- maybe tomorrow. I have no more gagging issues thank goodness, however I don't really feel like my energy is getting any better. Although I suppose it's hard to tell this week with being sick.
I go to the doctor next week on Monday, and we'll FINALLY be able to hear the heartbeat- I can't wait!!! I know I have no reason to worry, but not having had an ultrasound or doppler I'm just feeling like I need the doctor to tell me everything's fine in there. AND, when I go for this visit- we'll be scheduling the next appointment for our ultrasound to find out the baby's gender. :) That's even more exciting!!! Probably, my appointment will be the week before or the week of Thanksgiving, I will let you all know when it's scheduled.
I will tell you though- I've seriously been feeling like it's a boy lately. ;) We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a follower!!!! Finally right? Glad your feeling better. It was that tea I brought you for sure. Alright just wanted to make it known i got my butt on here and became follower #7 wooo:) Can't wait to meet my little neice/nephew:)

    ReplyDelete