But don't tell anyone yet okay?
Eric and I found out that we're expecting on Tuesday, August 10th, and we haven't told a soul yet!! We're telling my parents, my sister Allison and her husband Matt, and Eric's mom tomorrow- I can't wait! After that, I'm going to play it by ear with spilling the beans, but let me just say- I'm not very good with secrets. ;) But, I wanted a place where I could document this journey from the beginning, so hence the blog.
So first, how did we find out? Well, we decided to start trying last month, and I went to the ob/gyn for my annual exam on Tuesday. It had been about a month, so I knew it was possible for me to pregnant, but I thought it would be too soon to test. The nurse asked if I wanted to take one anyway, so I did. She came back to the conference room 10 minutes later looking very surprised and said "It's positive!" I was shocked!!! I couldn't believe that we'd been blessed with a baby so quickly, I really didn't think it would happen that fast. I was totally caught off-guard and was kind of distracted for the rest of the visit, but I really like my new OB. She's really sweet and fun. I go back September 21st when I'm 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat and have my long appt.
Yesterday was our anniversary, and I considered waiting until then to tell Eric, but there was no WAY I could wait that long!! So, I put the pregnancy test (the nurse put it in a bag and gave it to me) in a little gift bag and told Eric I was giving him an early anniversary present when he got home from work Tuesday night. It took him a second to figure out what he was looking at- and then he looked at me and said "Are you pregnant?" Smiles, laughter, and hugging ensued. :) We are SO excited to be expecting our first child, and we are so thankful for the opportunity to do so.
I am currently 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Our estimated due date is April 18, 2011. I'm feeling pretty good- a little more tired, and some mild cramping, but thankfully no morning sickness yet!! They say it sometimes doesn't kick in until 6 weeks, so we'll see. ;) I can't wait to tell my mom and sister tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment