Sunday, August 15, 2010

Spilling the Beans: Part I

So this evening we told my parents, my sister and BIL, and BIL's brother and wife (who are our honorary in-laws!). We were all together for our anniversary dinner, and they had gotten us some presents, so after we finished opening them I said "We have a present for all of you too- I'm pregnant!" My mom looked liked she was was going to fall off of her chair- it was priceless!! She was so surprised that it happened so fast, and she was so happy and started to cry. :) My sister immediately said she wished she'd known so she could have bought us baby things, and I think her and Tabitha are planning a shopping trip as I type. ;)
It was SO nice to be able to tell people we love about this exciting time, and now I have people to talk to!! I may or may not tell my aunts and cousin (who is ready to give birth at any moment herself), on Wednesday evening. We're not all together very often, and with Julie 9 months pregnant, I'm sure babies will be a big topic of conversation! I just don't know if I'll be able to keep quiet about it. :)
Tomorrow I'll officially be 5 weeks along- the baby is the size of an appleseed.

No comments:

Post a Comment