Well we took our first vacation with Evie- a 3-night stay in a cabin in the Adirondacks! We've stayed at Prospect Point before and really enjoyed it, the cabins are beautiful and the area is really nice, so we made the trip again this fall with baby in tow. Unfortunately it rained like 90% of the time we were there, but we made the best of it and had a good time anyway. :)
Evie did pretty well for the 5 hour rides there and back, especially for her not really liking the car very much. The roughest time was the 1 hour trip to Lake Placid we took on Friday- she was not happy there or back! But while we were there she was perfect, so it all worked out.
Evie seems to love being outdoors, she's pretty quiet and just looks around in what Eric described as "wonderment." We did a 1.5 hour hike up Bald Mountain (which turned out to be a WAY more difficult hike than we anticipated, but that's another story) and Eric had her in the Beco the whole time and she was great! Looked around and then fell asleep. :)
I was sad I couldn't get any photos of Evie playing in leaf piles.... but the leaf piles were all soaking wet, so these photos will have to do. This was our practice run for our big trip to Florida at the end of November- I think we're going to need like 26 suitcases based on how much I packed for this trip! ;)
Almost to the top of Bald Mountain- we didn't make it the whole way, because we'd been hiking FOREVER and then it started to rain and I had a mild panic attack about being trapped on a mountainside with a 6 month old and demanded to turn back and go down. Eric says he would classify my panic level as medium, not mild. ;)
Oh- and look at my wonderful husband babywearing- love him!!! Excuse the shoulder strap being off for you sticklers out there, he just moved it so we could get Evie's little face in the photo. We had her all bundled up!

I love the second picture:) We missed you guys, can't wait to see you and little miss Evie!
ReplyDeleteAw looks like fun! You're brave! I'm terrified to take Dom camping yet and drive anywhere with him that's more than an hour away!
ReplyDeleteForget about the Beco strap, what are you doing letting a 6 month old drive!! Love ya
ReplyDeleteaww that one of her "driving" is super cute! looks like fun :) we want to do a cottage rental vacation too.
ReplyDelete