Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Getting so big

 Evie's growing so fast we can barely keep up!! So many changes, I couldn't wait until 6 months to update- there will probably be even more things to report by then! Some new things going on for Miss Eviebean... she's out of the infant tub and taking baths in the "big girl" tub now. She's not sitting up on her own yet (she actually shows zero interest in sitting up, everytime I try to practice with her she leans forward to go straight into an army crawl. Who wants to sit still? This girl is on the move!), so I just use the Bumbo in tub. She was getting dangerous in the little tub, trying to pull herself over the edge constantly and making me super nervous. Now that we're in the big tub she can play with some bath toys too which is fun.
We also put up the Jolly Jumper to try out, and Evie thinks it's hilarious! She hasn't figured out how to jump up and down yet, but she spins around looking at everything and gabs up a storm when she's in there. Something about the jumper makes her chatty- the first time she was in there so did her happy scream for like 5 minutes straight! I love that she'll go in this thing now, it's really easy to transport so we can take it places to occupy her.
And finally, just this evening we tried a sippy cup for the first time- it went really well! We'll be starting solids at the end of this month when Evie turns 6 months, but she's been sitting at the table with us for meals for about a month now. She's getting antsy to try things, so I thought we could start on the sippy cup so she has something to do while we eat. I just put a little water in it, and it only took her about 5 minutes of playing around to figure out how to get the spout in her mouth and drink. And it definitely kept her busy while we had dinner. :) I'm so excited to start food with her!!

2 comments: