Monday, February 14, 2011

31 Weeks: Single Digit Countdown

Yes, we now have nine weeks left until my due date. NINE weeks. Forgive me while I jump up and down with joy and also hyperventilate into a bag. It's a mixed bag of emotions over here. ;) I can't believe time has flown by so fast- we can't wait to meet our baby girl. Well, after she's a little bigger and her room is ready anyway.
Went to the doctor's today- all is well, although my blood pressure was a bit high so they're going to keep an eye on it and I'm going to start coming in every two weeks now. Nothing too serious though. I'm measuring right on track and still doing well for weight gain, so yay for that. And Evie's heartrate was in the 140's, so normal and good. I'm feeling pretty good, just tired and serious feet pain. I'm not feeling very photogenic lately, as pregnancy has done my skin no favors in the acne department and I'm starting to feel a little like a blimp. :/ But, I started this project with a photo every week- so I'm determined to see it through!!
The new house is coming along nicely, we still have work to do, but it's starting to feel like home and we're really loving it. :) I can't wait until I'm done with work in two weeks- then I'm going to go full force into getting Evie's room ready!! I took some photos to share of the new place- forgive some of the mess, not everything has found a place yet. And of course, we may still rearrange things. And Eric needs to start hanging up pictures- but he's been working really hard lately,and he did do the curtains, so I'm doing my best to be patient and wait. ;)

View of the kitchen from the dining room- to the right is the door to the garage, the basement door, and then the hallway that leads to the half a bath and front door.
Dining room- eventually there will be a photo gallery on that wall, with black photo frames filled with pictures of our family. I can't wait. :) To the left are the glass doors out to our little deck.
Living room- if you turn around from the dining room, you'll see this. We want to get a full size couch to replace one of the loveseats, which will then be moved to the loft space. Mirrors and paintings will be on the wall shortly.
View of the living room looking down from the loft, you can see the banister from the stairs at the bottom of the photo.

Here's Eric (being silly) in the loft space. It's going to be our office/den. The loveseat will eventually go where the boxes are- I'm ready to get rid of the empty boxes! The cardboards will be gone Thursday, then we just have to return the bins to our friends that we borrowed them from. You can see the computer a little bit on the left, that's where the desk is.

I left out photos of the two bathrooms (not much to see), master bedroom (messy!), and Evie's room, because it's empty and there's no light in there. I'll keep you all posted on progress, but that's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. The place looks great, we are practically next door neighbors.

    Also, I feel your pain. If only my body would stop stretching out till my due date, I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it!! Looks like you have a lot of room! I'll have to pop by on my lunch of these days. I can help you hang stuff or something:)

    ReplyDelete