Thursday, January 26, 2012

Evelyn Clara: 9 months old

This is how Evie sits all the time now- she kneels and then puts her feet on either side of her bum. I think it is just the cutest. :) I can't believe she's 9 months old already!! She has officially been out in the world longer than she was in my belly.
Evie is still the happiest, friendliest little girl. She smiles all the time and even though she pretends to be shy with people sometimes, she warms up to everyone she meets. She loves to play with books, as well as her new pal "Dolly", a baby doll from Grandma Roy. Evie also loves to play in the kitchen while I'm cooking or cleaning- she especially likes our stainless bowls and the metal measuring spoons, she loves to make noise! It seems that Evie has more musical talent at 9 months than I do now, because she also loves to play with her musical instrument set from Aunt June and Uncle Pat. Shaking the maracas and banging on the tambourine are her favorite. :)
At her 9 month doctor's appointment yesterday, Evie was 16 lbs. 3 oz. and 27.25 inches tall. She is developing right on track and everything looks great. She got her first cold about 2 weeks ago- it lasted about a week, and I think it was worse for me than for her! She was very congested and didn't nurse for 8 days, but we kept her fluids up with bottles and sippy cups, and thankfully were able to return to nursing without a hitch.
We're transitioning Evie to more and more table food as we phase out purees, and she's doing great. Her favorite things to eat right now are bread, pears, Cheerios, and yogurt. She really REALLY likes bread- just like her daddy. ;)
Other things Evie has learned this month: how to open the kitchen cupboard doors and how to climb the stairs. Yay for mom and dad right? ;) Also, she has stood on her own for 5-10 seconds a couple times over the last month, so I'm expecting her to get better and better at standing!
We are so blessed to have such an easy-going, happy baby girl! Make sure you check out Evie's 365 blog to see another 9 month shot from this morning. :)

1 comment: