Sorry about the silly post title- inside family joke. ;) Well, we transitioned Evie to her crib this weekend- she did so well!! It went a lot smoother than I expected it to. She wasn't up every hour, she didn't cry or flip out- she took it all in stride. Friday and Saturday night she went to bed a little later than usual, so she ended up only waking once, which was a welcome change. Last night she was up twice, which is is pretty much where we've been at (excluding the horrible last two weeks we've had where she was up 3-4 times a night). I was honestly hoping that moving her to her own room would encourage sleeping through the night- a lot of people had told me that their baby slept through the night their first night in the crib! While that wasn't the case for us, I'm glad it wasn't a traumatizing experience- for either of us. ;)
I will admit that I took it a little harder than I expected though. We've always known Evie would sleep in her own room, and I actually anticipated that we'd move her sooner. But with her getting up so often at night, I was too lazy to have to get out of bed to comfort/feed her. Eric and I are ready to have our room back, and we know that it's the right thing for all of us, but the first night I hardly slept! I was worrying about her being alone, about her sleeping, about how this was just another sign that my baby girl is growing up!! :( It was strange not to have her next to my bed. I missed her.
But, ultimately we'll all sleep better, and I know it's the right thing for us. Now, to start sleeping through the night. Mommy's ready for that milestone any day now Evie!! ;)

AW! it is so hard to have them out of the room for the first few nights. it feels lonely.. I am glad she is doing so well! We have to get together soon :)
ReplyDeleteHi baby! (nana is waving back) she will do just fine in the crib cuz she is such a good baby!
ReplyDeleteAw good job liane! I did thte same thing when i moved Dom into his crib, he did fine but i was up all night worrying and when i did sleep i would have night mares about people sneaking in to kidnap him. lol but she will start to sleep better in there by herself with less noises to wake her.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete