This was a rough week, I caught the yucky stomach bug that's been going around (it spread through work, my family, and the Kingdom Hall in less than two weeks!). Being sick to your stomach when there's a baby doing a jig in there = not cool. Honestly, Evie was SO active while I was sick, it made the nausea even worse! Thankfully it was just a 24 hour thing, but I was definitely exhausted for a couple days after that.
We got our registries done this week too- it was pretty fun picking out all the cute baby stuff. :) It was also pretty overwhelming too, there are so many things you can buy!! But I tried my best to do research about what we really needed and what brands/types were the right choice for us.
As far as pregnancy symptoms- oh my WORD the heartburn is killing me!! I swear there's a fire-breathing dragon residing in my throat, it's terrible. Also I've had to be careful and keep an eye on my protein intake, because I've been having dizzy spells again. But mostly, I feel pretty good still, which is nice. :)
The next big thing I have to do is the glucose tolerance test, which tests for gestational diabetes. I'm a little nervous about this, both because the test is an unpleasant experience (you have to fast, and then drink this gross sugary drink, and then wait an hour and get a blood test- yippee!) and because I'm nervous about actually having it. Of course I have no reason to think I'd have GD, but it is serious so I just really don't want to have it. I'll be taking this test at some point at the end of January- I've been procrastinating on making the appointment!
Hope everyone's having a great first week of 2011!!
we had that same bug, it was a nightmare!! And yes, baby girl was extra active while I was sick. Have fun at your glucose test. I am procrastinating mine too! Don't worry it's not that bad, tastes like really sweet, flat soda :P
ReplyDelete