In September we started a dance class at a local studio here in town. It's just 45 minutes once a week, a mommy and me class that teaches some basic tap and ballet moves, along with basic rhythm and coordination. I thought it would be fun since Evie loves music and I always wanted to take dance when I was little, so I'm so glad that we're able to do this for Evie.
Well, I had no idea how much Evie would LOVE her dance class. :) It makes me so happy to hear her excited squeals when I tell her today is dance class day! She asks all the time when is dance class, when we drive by the studio (which we do often) she recognizes it immediately and wants to go. At home, she talks about "ballet" all the time, telling me she's practicing and putting on a ballet show. She wears tutus more days than not, and has picked up a lot of the ballet terms Miss Jen is teaching the girls. To hear my little girl- who just six months ago only had about 20 words- use words like "shasay" and "pirouette" makes me grin everytime!
I think she prefers the ballet moves and style because she talks about it more, but she definitely loves to wear her tap shoes. ;) She's getting really good and following directions from Miss Jen, and I'm so impressed at her coordination. The school has the little ones perform in one of the recitals at the end of the year (with mommies!), and I'm already looking forward to it. I think dance class will be a part of our routine for a few more years at least. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment