Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Strong Museum & Convention

Well, I certainly am behind on posts huh? :) Summer is busy, it's crazy hot here, my camera had a battery leak last week... you know, the usual list of things that get in the way. So here I am to catch up!
Hanging out in the Sesame Street library- we did Sesame Street first, and I think Evie was really overwhelmed. But we found this little nook with books and she settled right in. :) After a couple minutes of book reading, she was ready to go check out the rest of the museum!
"Digging" in the rock pile.... or throwing rocks.
Daddy teaching Evie how to use the saw in Berenstein Bear land- this may have been one of Evie's favorite parts, it made a saw noise every time you moved it and she thought it was awesome!
Lifesize chess board. Evie won. ;)
We did the museum with our pals Aaron and Micah, and the kids all had a blast! It was really fun to go with friends, we'll definitely do it again.
Here we are on our way out, sitting on the steps in Sesame Street!
Our last stop at the museum- Evie's first ride on a carousel!! She really seemed to love it. Also, my photos in the kid-sized Wegmans didn't turn out well, so see her 15 month post for a video of her shopping, too cute!!
We did the Strong Museum on Thursday before our annual District Convention in Rochester. I was nervous for this year, everyone was telling me it would be our hardest. It's a tough age for a little one to sit in a seat quietly- for an hour, let alone all day! ;) I kept my expectations low and brought LOTS of things for Evie to do. Overall, she did better than I expected! The worst part was sleeping in the hotel room, she was NOT having it at all and didn't fall asleep until around 10 pm all three nights. She didn't like being in the same room as us, even though we turned off all of the lights and sat on the bed, she knew we were there and wanted to play. But, I think getting less sleep at night worked a little in my favor during the day because she was tired and she sat in my lap a lot. And I didn't have to walk her to get her to sleep, she fell asleep on my lap on her own. On Saturday afternoon she actually slept for almost 3 hours!!
She did play with some of the things I brought, but now I have a better idea of what works and what doesn't. And next year she'll be old enough to do more things (like coloring, which we tried but Evie wasn't interested), and she may understand a little better about sitting in our seats. We had a good time though and learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment