Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lunchtime Dance Party

Evie's doing so well with table food, she eats pretty much everything we give her and seems to enjoy it all. Today for lunch she had pasta with marinara sauce, some Cheerios, cheddar cheese (which I think is her current favorite food), and some pureed spinach. Who doesn't love a photo of a baby with red sauce all over their face?
 I am obsessed with Edy's Fruit Bars- they began as a pregnancy craving for popsicles, and I just never stopped buying them. Evie loves to share with me, so sometimes I let her suck on these a little- mostly because the face she makes after every bite is HILARIOUS. She seems to like them, but I don't know if it's the slight tartness of the fruit or the cold that makes her scrunch her face up like this as soon as I take it out of her mouth. But then she's back asking for more! :)
I play music a lot when we're home alone for background noise, and Uncle Matt made an "Evie Mix" for us so I was playing that today and dancing. She started dancing too and it was so cute with her bobbing her head I had to get it on video! Well.... Evie had other plans. Of course the camera always makes her stop whatever she's doing, but her reaction to my question is pretty spot on. ;) (Sorry the camera's kind of bobbing around, I was dancing trying to get her to dance too)

3 comments:

  1. Does she know she is saying "no" when she shakes her head? that is too funny. I can't believe she can eat all that food without any teeth! What a big girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Cute, I was wondering the same thing. Has she discovered "no"??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa- I know, I am constantly amazed at how well she eats without teeth!! I'm always nervous and making the pieces so small... and then she stuffs like 5 pieces in at once and is totally fine. ;)

    I think she knows what no means when we say it firmly when she's into something she shouldn't be, because she usually looks up and grins or laughs. But I'm not sure that she knows that the head shake means no... she does it in imitation of us sometimes, and then other times just on her own (like this). It was funny either way though!

    ReplyDelete