Thursday, June 23, 2011
Good Morning Evie!
Every morning after her 5 am feeding, I let Evie go back to sleep on the Boppy instead of moving her back to the moses basket next to the bed. So, when I open at my eyes again a couple hours later, I see this....
What a sweet little face to wake up to! Even when we've had a bad night (like last night, poor girl had her shots yesterday so she was fussy and woke up for an extra feeding), all of the frustration and exhaustion from the night before melts away when I see this little girl's face. :) She starts to stir- a little kick, a stretch of the arm, and soon she's awake.
"Ma, get that camera out of my face, I just woke up!!"
"Is it time to wake up? Well alright then."
She's always so sweet in the mornings, smiling and cooing and making cute faces. I sing songs or make silly faces and we enjoy our morning time together. This morning I was so distracted by thinking about how wonderful this time is and how it won't be like this forever and all that.... and then Evie brought me back to the here and now.
She pooped on my leg. And the sheets. Sweet! That's what I get for being all sentimental in the middle of a diaper change and not putting it on fast enough. ;) Good morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She is so sweet! Enjoy this time poop and all, you guys grow up too fast. Love ya
ReplyDeleteHow adorable, even the poop part.
ReplyDeletehaha, so cute and a completely appropriate ending to a mommy's sappiness! Very cute
ReplyDeleteShe looks so comfy-cozy! How cute, I can't wait to feel better and come see her:)
ReplyDeleteyea! i love waking up to sleepy baby smiles :)
ReplyDelete