Another trick we discovered this weekend is Evie's "walking" abilities. Every baby has that reflex built in where you hold them upright on a flat surface and their feet move up and down. Well Evie actually puts her feet one in front of the other and propels herself forward!! I swear, this child wants to be mobile asap. I got a (dark- sorry!) video of her walking across Eric's stomach last night while he supports her- she does it on the floor too but I didn't record that.
Also, Evie rolled over from stomach to back! Normally I would say at this age it was an accident... but she didn't seem startled by it at all, and I put her back on her stomach and she did it two more times afterwards. It seems like she did it on purpose! She really likes being on her side, so she's always going from back to side, but this was a full 180. I know stomach to back is the "easier" of the rolls, but I'm excited nonetheless. Of course I didn't have the camera then, so I'll work on capturing a roll in the next couple days. :) She's so fun to watch!!
Also, Evie rolled over from stomach to back! Normally I would say at this age it was an accident... but she didn't seem startled by it at all, and I put her back on her stomach and she did it two more times afterwards. It seems like she did it on purpose! She really likes being on her side, so she's always going from back to side, but this was a full 180. I know stomach to back is the "easier" of the rolls, but I'm excited nonetheless. Of course I didn't have the camera then, so I'll work on capturing a roll in the next couple days. :) She's so fun to watch!!
Part of me is super happy and part of me is saying "Noooo! be a little baby forever, stop growing up so fast!"
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid over achieving runs in the family! She looks so cute sitting there although her face is saying "I'm not so sure about this!"
ReplyDeleteWhat a showoff!! That's great. We tried Micah in his Bumbo this weekend, too. Same reaction.
ReplyDelete