Thursday, May 26, 2011

Evelyn Clara: 1 month old

Oh my word- I definitely teared up a little taking this photo. I can't believe it's been a month already!!! She's growing up too fast, especially because she's such an over-achiever and thinks she's a big kid already. Seriously, this baby has been holding her head up consistently since day one, and her little legs are so strong she wants to be standing all the time when we hold her. At her one month check-up today, the doctor had her on her belly, and she actually got up on her elbows and knees and was trying to scooch across the table!! The doctor said she wouldn't have believed it if she hadn't seen it with her own eyes- this baby is strong. :)
In other Evie news, Eric and I are pretty sure we're getting real smiles now. I don't know if it's too early or not, but I was convinced on Monday of this week when I had her on the changing table, I tickled her belly, and she looked right at me and smiled. We've gotten her to do it a couple more times by making silly faces or tickling her, so we're pretty sure it's the real deal instead of just gas. Now I just have to capture it on camera! I'm working on it.
Things are starting to get back to normal for us around here- I'm finally starting to do housework and cooking again, although I'm still trying not to overdo it or else my body reminds me that I need to rest. Evie's sleeping is getting better, which means so is mine- although she doesn't usually go down for the night until 11-12, she sleeps for a solid 3-5 hours at a time and goes right back down after night feedings. Also, Evie and I have been out and about, we've visited some friends and family and gone to the park. I'm so excited to be a stay at home mom, I can't wait to be 100% so we can get a routine going for our days and get back out into the world. It's going to be so fun!

1 comment: